Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vino

Have you seen the new image at Delightful Inspiration? I love it! Probably, from my blog name, you assumed I like wine, and you are right. I was so excited to see the image, Vino, this week. It is the freebie from the progressive challenge. If you didn't get a chance to play last week, you can buy Vino in the Designed2Delight shop and join the fun this week.

I had so much fun coloring this image. It went perfectly with the Basic Grey origins paper, which was a gift from my stamping buddy Linda. I love the colors. I was going for a shabby feel here, so I embossed the two patterned paper panels with the script embossing folder (if you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can see the embossing better, it is a more subtle look on the patterned paper), then I distressed the edges and stitched around them.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. We are getting some much needed rain!

Challenges:
Double Delight DD2: embossing (both patterned papers are embossed)
KLSNS #38: dry embossing (both patterned papers are embossed)
Paper Sundaes #26: Lots of Layers (lots of 1/8 matting on the panels)

Card Recipe:
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI ssw, Close to Cocoa, Garden Green, Basic Grey Origins
Embellishments: copics, cuttlebug script embossing folder, sewing machine, PTI twill, twine and button, dimensionals

17 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a fun image! I love your coloring on the bottle.

Danderella said...

Gorgeous card, love the distressed edges. Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes!

Anne said...

Kathy this is lovely! Beautiful colours and the distressing looks really good

HappyCrafter said...

Lovely card, the distressing looks great and the soft country feel is nice. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes!

paige said...

great sketch and oh my, what an awesome job you did coloring the image, especially the bottle!

Kristine said...

Beautiful card Kathy! Love your embossed layer and yoru coloring of this fab image =) Your whole card is cheery. Thanks for playing with us at Double Delight too!! *Ü*

~ Kendra ~ said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Great job coloring the image! Love the papers you picked out also!

Annie said...

this is so lovely, Kathy!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous- you are so right! The DSP is perfect! Love your card- love the ribbon and button embellishments. TFS

Candace said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along at KL Stampin N Scrappin! :) Hugs!

Shirl said...

What a perfect image for somebody who loves wine ;) Great job with the embossing and distressing!

Crystal said...

Great card & I LOVE the blog name! Thanks for playing along in our Paper Sundaes "lots of layers" challenge this week!

Tracey said...

Lovely card Kathy, so elegant :)

Hope you're having a good week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Angela said...

This is really pretty, Kathleen! Those papers are gorgeous and so perfect for the image!

Ceal said...

very pretty! thanks for joining us at KLSNS this week

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

I love how you've colored this image! Lovely!

Joanne Gilch said...

I so wanted to copy your card for D2D...LOL. had to come up with my own idea in the end...lol.