Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dare to Be Sassy Thursday color challenge

Since today is Thursday it is time for Sassy Studio Designs Dare to Be Sassy Thursday challenge. This week it is a color challenge (bright pink, lime and turquoise). Such a bright and fun summery color combo. I used Cheerful Chelsea (available in the Sassy Studio Designs store). I have to say after I colored her outfit with these bright colors, she reminded me of fashion from the 80's. I probably had something similar in my closet, LOL! Her shoes and necklace are glittered up for some sparkle.

For my layout I used this week's Midnight Madness challenge #62. Once again my take is somewhere between the simple and fancy version of the sketch. It was a fun one and the pieced background is a great way to use up some scraps!

Thanks for stopping by today Hope you have a great day!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Cheerful Chelsea from Sassy Studio Designs
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI ssw, SU Tempting Turquoise cardstock and patterned paper, SU Green Galore and Pink Passion
Embellishments: copics, cuttlebug embossing folders, dimensionals, SU grosgrain ribbon, spica glitter pens

14 comments:

Tammi said...

These images are def. sassy, so cute! Love the bright colors and background!

Joanne Gilch said...

HMA, those colors are so vibrant and such a nice combo. that's definitely a 'sassy' image.

Linda Palmer said...

I am checking them out. I love this image and the way you colored her. Great card.

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kathy - I love this! Your image is darling and your colours are gorgeous! Your Blog title always makes me smile - it makes me wonder what your stamping is like after the wine! LOL! Love your card! Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to have you with us! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

pam124 said...

Oh, Kathy, what a wonderful, wonderful job you've done on this sassy, yet bright and cheery card. I LOVE your image and perfectly colored and coordinated with the b/g panels. Love your use of different ef's for the panels and your matching bow!! You really did one fine job here!!

Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and I hope you can come out and play with us next week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Holly said...

Great fun colors and a cute image too! Love your blog name too! Wine and crafting...after my own heart! Thanks for playing along with us this week @ MMSC. I'd love to see more of your takes on the upcoming challenges! GREAT JOB...

Holly
MMSC-GD

Regan said...

I've been humming Madonna and Cyndi Lauper to myself ever since I saw this fabulously flamboyant card! Did I mention that I {heart} the 80s! lol Such a fun card, Kathy, and I'm loving those embossed panels! Great job with the color challenge!

Michelle said...

LOVE the bright colors!!! They make the card just 'pop' and scream "look at me"! Wonderful, wonderful job!

Shirl said...

Chelsea sure looks great in those bright coloured leggings! And I like how you use all the diff pieces of scraps for the background :)

Have a great Friday and a great weekend! :)

Carol Hurlock said...

Kathy this is just wonderful. What an array of beautiful colors and papers. Love that image too. It has so much character and charm. Great job with the sketch this week. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Tracey said...

Another fantastic card Kathy, I love the bright colours, really funky :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Priscilla said...

Now that is just super sassy cute ;) Such a wonderful entry and great take on the sketch too. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

What a fun and colorful card! It really makes me smile. You should come and play with the Drunken Stampers challenge also I think ;o)

Thanks for joining Midnight Madness Challenge. We appriciate your support and hope to see your faboulus work next week also!

Mvh
Gunn
MMSCDT

Tracy Vinson said...

Your coloring is terrific! Love the cheerfulness of this card. Great card and as always, thanks for joining us. Blessings, Tracy--MMDT