Saturday, July 17, 2010

Christmas in July for Edwin

I've gotten lazy the last month or so and haven't kept up with trying to do one Christmas card per week. But I've been inspired this week, by all the Christmas in July challenges that are out there.

I dug out my neglected Edwin and ornament stamps from Magnolia. I don't actually think I've ever used the ornament, so I'm glad I used it today.

I used on of the Tuesday Morning sketches (#2) for the layout. Tuesday Morning sketch challenge this week was to use one of the sketches from the past year in honor of their one year celebration.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches: sketch from the past year (#2)
Christmas All Year Long (week 32): stitching (the long panels are stitched in place)
ABC Christmas Challenges: O is for ornament, with added gloss and shine (on the boots)

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Magnolia Edwin with Star and Ornament
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI ssw, SU Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink, Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses
Embellishments: copics, stickles, sakura glitter pen, sewing machine, MM brads, SU ribbon, PTI buttons, nestabilities snowflake die cuts, MS snowflake punch, SU top note die

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

So adorable, love that ornament! Thanks for playing along with this weeks Christmas Card Challenge! Hope to see you again soon!

Imke said...

Adorable Kathy ! I love these BG Paper and the Layout is great and Edwin really cute.

Judith Veldhuizen said...

Really a beautifull card! i love the colours too each other!

Christine said...

cute card! thanks for playing at CCT
Christine

Angelwood said...

What an adorable card - I love that image! Thanks for joining us at Crazy 4 Challenges! hugs, Angela

Theresa said...

Very adorable card!!

Thanks for celebrating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Theresa

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, love his shiny boots too! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge,hope to see you next time too!
Samantha :0)

Melissa Craig said...

Adorable Edwin card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

CarlaKH said...

aww Edwin is so cute here!

Anonymous said...

Cute Cute Cute.
Love your work!

Carrie said...

what a great christmas card. I need to get started on fall. love the color choices too.

Julie said...

Adorable Edwin card. Too cute!

Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday! Good Luck!

Julie

Annie said...

my gosh, Kathy! This is really darling!!!

Lola said...

What a lovely card and layout.

Helen said...

Fab card - love the paper pieced ornament!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Jessica G. said...

Adorable card -- I still love these older Magnolia images! Using the Basic Grey is also a hit with me; this is probably my favorite of the holiday DPs. Perfect sketch for this little guy, too!!

Annie said...

a fabulous festive card with cute edwin! thanks for joining in with us at CCT.
hugs, annie x

Anne said...

This is a great Edwin card, love the way he's sitting on the ornamant, very sweet!

Dorte said...

Great card, I am a big Magnolia fan, thanks for playing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this week. Hugs Dorte GD