Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Flower Child

Hi everyone, it is hot here today! It was 102 when I picked the kids up from camp at one o'clock! Yikes!

I need a birthday card for my niece for July 15th, she'll be four. This image of Flower Child from the Designed2Delight digi store looks just like Elizabeth, so I had to use it. Funny thing though is that she isn't really a girly girl, she wants Thomas the Tank Engine trains for her birthday, but I think she'll like this card anyway.

I love this little girl's daisy skirt, daisies are one of my favorite flowers. I have potted Gerbera Daisies out front this year and they seem to be weathering the heat pretty well, with lots of water.


I used sketch #35 from Tuesday Morning Sketches for the layout. They are having a month long celebration for their first birthday. They post great challenges every week. This week we could pick any sketch from the past year, so I went with #35.

Here you can see the inside of my card, Party Time Tuesdays had a challenge to decorate the inside this week. I hardly ever do that, so I kept it simple and just carried over some of the scallops and dsp. Love the look, really finishes a card nicely. Have to remember to do that more often.

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you are having a great week so far!


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Flower Child digi from Designed2Delight, sentiment from PTI
Ink: Printer, Palette Noir
Paper: GP110, Lemon Tart, New Leaf, MME patterned
Embellishments: copics, nesties, stickes, recollections brads, PTI ribbon, cuttlebug embossing border, EK success border punch

21 comments:

lindyloo said...

simply stunning card ....lindyloo x

Melissa Craig said...

Oh your card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Kristie W. said...

Wow, those are some teeny tiny scallops! Super cute card, the little girl is adorable :) Thanks for playing along with my Party Time Tuesdays challenge!

Dianna said...

Adorable card! Thanks for coming to the party at PTT!

Heidi said...

This is an adorable card.

Risa said...

Wow...your card is adorable Kathy! Your image is pure sweetness and I love your color combo! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
hugs
Risa:)

Angela said...

This is cute; the daisy skirt is really fun! (The inside is pretty too!) Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Joanne Gilch said...

it's not even that hot here in Florida! YIKES, is right. Adorable image and you created a fantastic backdrop for her.

Annie said...

awww, this is cute!!

Jackie Randolph said...

Adorable kathy!! Love the colors and your pretty papers! Thanks for playing along with us at TMS!

Karli said...

adorable! and I agree, her daisy skirt is super cute :) Big hugs!

Imke said...

Cute little girl and adorable card ! The green und yellow fits great together- like it.

Carrie said...

your heat's a little worse than ours, we've been at 94 and I thought that was bad. This card is adorable and I love the daisy skirt too. keep cool!

Katie said...

Wonderfully adorable card! I just love that image and your design. Thanks for partying with us at PTT!

Anna said...

Oh, so cute! Love the fun colors! Thanks for joining the party at Party Time Tuesdays.

Cheryl said...

Another fabulous creation! I love the colors and wonderful papers.

Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays challenge. Good luck!

**Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

Theresa said...

Awww!! Your card is just adorable. What a girl your Elizabeth...you ought to get her the book "Do Princess Wear Hiking Boots?" by Coyle. I think she's asking for the best present :)

Thanks for celebrating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Theresa

paige said...

Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at PTT!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute card!

Mary G. said...

How pretty! Love that sweet image!

Sherrie Conner said...

This is wonderful Kathy! So bright and fun! Love Faith's image! You did a great job with it!! :)