Tuesday, July 20, 2010

On the Line

Laundry lines always remind me of my Nana Fran. When we were little she would always hang out her laundry in the summer. She lived at the shore, and nothing smells quite like clothes dried in the sun and salt air. Helping her was one of my jobs when we visited.

This adorable image, On the Line, is from Designed2Delight. Check out this image and the other images available in the Designed2Delight digi store, and play along with us in the weekly progressive challenges at Delightful Inspiration.

It was fun to color. I used some more of my October Afternoon patterned paper, since I still had it out. I had to use my sewing machine and buttons to go with the laundry theme!

The sketch I used is from Tuesday Morning Sketches. For their first birthday celebration challenges, they are having us chose a challenge from the past year to work with. This is challenge #1. Also the theme this week was something that reminds you of summer, as I said above this reminds me of my Nana Fran and summers at the shore.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: On the Line from Designed2Delight, sentiment from Verve
Ink: Printer and Palette Noir
Paper: GP110, Summer Sun, Baja Breeze, Blue Bayou, October Afternoon Thrift Shop
Embellishments: copics, sewing machine, sakura glitter pen, dimensionals, nesties, SU ribbon, PTI buttons and twine

13 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa Craig said...

This is a lovely card! I love the smell of clothes when they've been dried outside. You can smell the fresh air and the sunshine. Great job!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Lola said...

I was just here eariler and didn't see this up yet! Super cute! Love this image. And much like your Nana, I too hang clothes in the summer ;)

Faith S. said...

I love the sitching on the strips in the background, and the way you did the sentiment!! Perfect, summery colors! :)

Imke said...

Kathy, great coloring and super image. I like the stitching on the stripes too. Very Pretty !

Karli said...

Beautiful card! I love the soft colors & the stitching is *perfect*. So love the look of stitching, but I can't sew :( sigh :( beautifully colored too. Big Hugs!

Jessica G. said...

So great for the theme, Kathy! Adorable image, beautifully colored, and perfect sentiment to pair with it. The stitching adds wonderful texture, too! Thanks for helping us celebrate Tuesday Morning Sketch's first blogoversary!!

Jackie Randolph said...

Kathy, this is just adorable! Such a sweet image and sentiment. Love the colors just looks so summery. Thanks for celebrating with Melissa at TMS.

Annie said...

what a darling card! GREAT layout too!!

Angela said...

Adorable! The black stitching really looks nice with the soft colors.

Anne said...

What a great image and I love the way you've used it! Lovely stitching too

Cheryl said...

Kathy, I just came back from vacation and am totally loving all the new cards on your blog.

This one is just darling!

Theresa said...

Kathy, your card is fabulous!! I love the stitching.

Thanks for celebrating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Theresa