Sunday, July 11, 2010

Denise's Birthday

Happy Sunday! Still hot and humid here, so grateful for the air conditioner! Hope you are having a great weekend.

This card uses one of the Divas, Denise, from Rubber Romance. She's ready for any party with her hat and cake. I used two of Splitcoaststampers challenges for this card. The color challenge, CC278, which was Rich Razzleberry, So Safron and Baja Breeze, and the sketch challenge, SC288. Unusual color combo for me, but I like them together. These are three colors I don't use often.

Thanks for stopping by today

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Denise and sentiment from Rubber Romance
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI sse, Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, So Saffron print
Embellishments: nesties, cuttlebug embossing folder, copics, stickes, SU ribbon, corner rounder

8 comments:

Kristine said...

Hi Kathy! =) What a great card! I love this image... I see lots of kid images with cakes but not too many adults, so this is really great!

Thanks for your comment at Double Delight! Hope you're able to play again this week? =) So much fun. And btw... love your PRETTY blog template!

paige said...

I love the sentiment on this fun card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling image- fun birthday card for a friend- you did great making these colors look great together!!! TFS

Imke said...

Hello Kathy, great colors together ! I like the glitter on the hat and on the candles.

Cheryl said...

You're coloring on this image is awesome! Love the card

Annie said...

awww, cute! cute! cute!!! love that sparkle on the candles :)

Angela said...

Cute! I LOVE the sentiment!

Joanne Gilch said...

Still in awe how you get it all done!! Fabulous card, colors and image.