Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sherri in the Snow

Here is my entry this week for week 4 of Tuesday Morning Sketches month long first birthday celebration. This week's challenge was to pick a sketch from the past year (I'm using #12) and to make a Christmas card. Fun challenge!

This image is Sherri from Rubber Romance. She is one of my favorites. Love the giant snowflakes behind her. She looks so cool and glam, I don't know why, but I always think of Christmas shopping in NYC when I see her.

I used pastel colors for her for the Cupcake Craft challenge #101 (Pastel Christmas).

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you are having a great weekend.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Sherri from Rubber Romance, sentiment from Amuse
Ink: Memento Tux. Black
Paper: PTI ssw, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Provo craft polka dot
Embellishments: copics, cuttlebug embossing folder, stickles, EK success border punch, SU ribbon, dimensionals

7 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

I really like this card! Great job!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Jessica G. said...

Awesome card, Kathy -- sweet color combo, fun image, great texture (love that snowflake embossing!) and wonderful spin on the sketch!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Kathy, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your layout is fab. Thanks for joining in with my "pastel Christmas" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
Ps I have candy on my blog if you want to call over :)

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I love this color combo.

Theresa said...

Wonderful card. I like the image too. Very pretty card!

Thanks for celebrating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Theresa

Anne said...

Oh I LOVE this one Kathy, lovely stamp and your colourscheme is perfect. Mmm wonder if I can get this one in the UK...

Angela said...

Great color combo here, and an adorable card! You really rock the RR divas!