Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Have a Mice Day!

Hi, thanks for stopping by today. I have two cards that I made with the Mice Day image from Designed2Delight. This was the freebie for the week for participating in the Delightful Inspiration challenge. You have til tomorrow night to complete a card with this week's image. If you missed out on starting at the beginning of the month, you can purchase this image and play along and get next week's image just for creating with this one. Fun, right?


I thought Mercy's Tuesday sketch challenge for this week was perfect for this image (MTSC84). I also played along with the Double Delight Challenge (DD4) which was for buttons and blue this week. Check out all of the entries on the Delightful Inspiration Progressive weekly challenge blog.


This second card is a bit of a joke. One of my good friends has had a mouse in her apartment recently, so I made this to mail to her. I hope she gets a kick out of it! I used the Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge from last week for the layout (SC290). I cropped the flower out of the image to focus on those little mice! I'm also entering it into the Sentimental Sunday's (challenge 13) It's all fun and games (my sentiment here fits the bill perfectly I think).

Card Recipe:
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI ssw, gp110, SU Rose Red, PTI Ripe Avocado, October Afternoon patterned paper from the Thrift Shop collection
Embellishments: copics, nesties, dimensionals, PTI ribbon, SU mini brads

19 comments:

mudmaven said...

Fantastic cards - love them both! So fun and what a great job you did with that image! Thanks so much for playing in our Sentimental Sundays challenge this week. ~chris

Joanne Gilch said...

Kathy, love your cards, but the three mice are so out of the box adorable!!!!!! No pun intended) Hope your friend rids her home of the cute little pesky thing!!!!

Juls said...

wow both of these are just fabulous!! Love them both!! Hugs Juls

dstandard said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing!

Larisa Hohman said...

how cute, cute, cute! Love that paper!

Sherrie Conner said...

Kathy these are the best cards!! I love what you did with the mice!! SO CUTE!! :)

Rhonda said...

Kathy, both of these cards are just wonderful! The 2nd one is my favorite. That little guy is absolutely adorable. I love how you flipped and popped him. AWESOME!!!! and very well done!!!!
Rhonda

Kathy W. said...

Wow!! I love both these cards. I like how you seperated the mouse from the flower and made a 2nd card with them. Fantastic:) Thanks for playing with us at Double Delight Challenges.

Carrie said...

omgosh both cards are beautiful. love the dimension on both of them and your friend will get a big kick out the mouse card I'm sure.

Tammi said...

I'd love to have seen your friends face when she got the card, funny! These are adorable, love the mouse peeking out of the grass!

Angela said...

Oh my word! These are just too adorable! Love the fresh colors and the little mice gave me a hoot! Great idea to pop the heads up....

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love both of your cards....love the three mice- what a great layout- awesome!

Cheryl said...

Both of these are adorable! I love these mice.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Both cards are lovely. I am sure your friend will be laughing outloud about her "mice day" every time she looks at this card! Thanks for joining us at the Sentimental Sundays ;)

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful coloring and such sweet images. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sentimental Sundays! :)

Anne said...

I like the first card but the 2nd one is so clever - repeating the image and focusing it like that is inspired! Great stuff and I'm sure your friend laughed :)

Cheryl said...

Congrats! Did you see you won at the Sentimental Sunday's challenge?

Esther said...

With a Blog name like this I had no choice but to become a follower!! LOL. Love your work Kathy! hugs from NZ

Georgia Ehrmann said...

wonderful! i LOVE THE SECOND ONE ESPECIALLY!