Friday, May 13, 2011

Phindy's Friday Challenge

TGIF! My dh is on his way home, been a long week alone with the kiddo! Glad I'm finally able to get a post up, seems blogger worked all all the issues, so all is good again!

Friday is Phindy's Challenge day. Today Anne gave us the challenge of using one image to create two cards. Fun challenge, since I know so many of us tend to use an image once then move on to the next one. Now for me this will be the third time I used this little guy, Nap Time, from Phindy's Place! 

For my first card I used the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday #101, and turned it sideways. I tried some darker skin tones on this little cutie and made the dog a yellow lab.


 For my second card I made a little rag quilt (see the roughed up edges, lol) for him to lay on, and went with lighter skin tones and a chocolate lab.

Hope you will join the fun this week and play along with us. It's not necessary to use a Phindy image, but if you do you will be entered into the drawing twice and we really love to see them! Stop by the blog and check out all the DT samples, great stuff this week as always!

Card Recipe:
Ink: Pritner
Paper: PTI, SU, Basic Gray, Colorbok
Embellishments: copics, nesties, PTI buttons, MM brads, Tim Holtz ticket, distresser, cuttlebug embossing folder, sewing machine, dimensionals, twine, SU ribbon, EK Success border punch

20 comments:

Tine said...

Hi Kathy. Fab cards. Love the colours & the layouts you have chosen. Perfect!
Tine :)

Andrea said...

Wow, I love both your cards - the image is fab. Love the colours in the first card, and the quilting effect in the second one. Fab colouring too.
Love, Andrea xx

sweetbloominscraps said...

Both cards are adorable! I love the scalloped edges especially the large scallops. I also love the quilt that the baby is laying on! Thanks for joining us at SSW! Judi SSW DT

Linda Palmer said...

Both are so cute. I love your embellishments on the first card and love your quilt on the second. Great cards.

Unknown said...

Your quilt is amazing! Love the tag too!

Kathie said...

Hi Kathy, I can't choose which card I like and I love both of them they both look so different. Love the scalloped edge on the first and I love the quilt on the second both of these cards are awesome. Great cards, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.

Kathie SSW-DT

mulberry station said...

Ohhh, your cards are precious. Beautifully done!!!
Nancy SSw-DT

Anne said...

Well they're both great and I do like this image but that quilt block is just brilliant and even has an edging - amazing work Kathy!
Anne
x

Jennifer McGee said...

Kathy I love both of your cards they are so cute! And the quilt square background on the second is amazing!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I was going to use the word "amazing" but I see everyone else has used it so I will come up with..... stunning!!! Your details are beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

Angela said...

These are both beautiful, Kathleen! I think I like the second one best though...love that distressing and the ticket!

Jeannie said...

I couldn't pick a favorite from these two if I tried! They are both just adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

just love these 2 cards,image and papers fab.janex

Genevieve said...

Wow! Stunning cards, beautiful papers so bright & pretty. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve SSW-DT

Unknown said...

I love both of cards! They are sooo adorable! ;D

Joanne Gilch said...

AWWWWW....love the image and your creativity just frames them to a 'T".

Sharon Basel said...

Kathy your cards are lovely with this sweet image of the child and dog. Oh how I've seen that "scene" before. I love your take on the SSW sketch - all your special adds to that and the flip of the sketch are terrific. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Sharon, SSW-DT

Juls said...

sweet cards!!! great to see the same image used 2 ways! Hugs Juls

Ellis said...

Wonderful cards, I'm a big fan of green and I like the quilted background on the second card! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Ann English said...

Both of these are soo sweet-I'm partial to the second one with the baby on the quilt!