Monday, September 14, 2009

Sweet Dreamers Challenge #7 (Send a Hug)

Made this one for the Sweet Dreamers weekly challenge for my SCS blog group, the Sweet Dreamers. Last Monday's challenge was to make a card and send it to someone who could use a hug. Our challenge hostess, Mary, posted a link to a young lady who had recently lost an arm in a boating accident and is still in the hospital. You can read the story here, and send a card if you like. While I personally know many people who could use a hug, this story really touched me, so I'm mailing this card off to Paige.

I used Wednesday's sketch challenge, SC245.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Stampingbella Cherry Blossom Bittybloom, PTI sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Ripe Avocado
Paper: PTI ssw, Ripe Avocado, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, patterned paper by PTI
Embellishments: nesties, copics, crystal effects, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, American Crafts mini brads, dimensionals, PTI ribbon

8 comments:

Cindy said...

This is absolutely lovely!! Your coloring is perfect!! I love the layout and the colors you chose!! Great job on the challenge!!!

Tammi said...

What a great challenge, a beautiful card for her Kathy!

paige said...

This card is gorgeous! Lovely colors and design. Wow!

Mary G. said...

Kathy, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Beautifully colored and I love that sketch! I know Paige will love this card!!

Karli said...

Luuuuv the colors you've used & the whole layout of your card. I'm sure Paige will love it!

Vicki said...

Wonderful challenge card Kathy! She is so cute! I know Paige will enjoy it! Blessings to you!

Sande said...

Kathy

The card is gorgeous and Paige is going to love it. Fantastic job.

TrishG said...

Gorgeous colors. Really beautiful card