Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tilda with a pet spider


My blogging took a backseat this week to the kids' school stuff. I was overwhelmed with paperwork to fill out for both of them. My gosh they send home lots of papers! I think I'm caught up for now. They both seem to like school so far, but come home exhausted! Liam has cried before getting on the bus both days, but comes home happy. He told me today, he really missed me while he was in school. I thought that was so cute!

I just discovered these fabulous sketch challenges posted on the blog, Lord Have Mercy, every Tuesday. I checked out this blog, cause she is one of the new Verve Divas. Her work is so beautiful and she has great challenges to boot! This is my take on the sketch for this week, MTSC38.

I haven't inked up this little Tilda yet. I bought her last winter and it was way past Halloween, so I'm trying to start a bit early this year and get some Halloween cards done! Her pet spider is covered in fun flock, so he looks a little creepy. It's funny though, I don't mind spiders even big ones. Now my husband on the other hand is scared to death of them, I think it's pretty funny!

Thanks so much for stopping by and looking! Have a wonderful Friday!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Magnolia, Tilda
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Only Orange, Basic Black, PTI ssw, K and Co. Halloween paper pack
Embellishments: ribbon from Michaels, Eyelet Outlet spider brad, sakura glitter pen, black flock, copics, white gel pen, dimensionals

15 comments:

Unknown said...

kathy...what an adorable halloween card! great papers, and your coloring is fabulous! thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Vicki said...

Kathy, this is a cutie! Great sketch and your coloring is awesome! Blessings to you!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww this is tooo cute!!!

Cindy said...

What a fantastic Tilda!! I love the dp's that you used! Just fabulous!!

CarlaKH said...

awww what a sweet lil tilda!

Michelle said...

hi kathy... your tilda is wonderful! (love the spider!..its perfect!)TFS!
michelle

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just adorable! I love this Tilda- I had one image from a swap of her.....I am going to have to get her!!!

Teresa Kline said...

this is the cutest card.....great job...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

paige said...

Adorable image and fun colors!

Heidi said...

This is a great Tilda. You did a great job and I love the colors for halloween!

Pam Varnell said...

Love your Tilda Halloween card. Too cute!! Thanks so much for playing along with us on the sketch challenge. Hugs!!

Unknown said...

You did an awesomely cute Halloween Tilda! She's so cute with her spider.

Dawn B. said...

This Tilda is so cute. I have her and have not used her yet. Super job..

Mary G. said...

Great card! Love the bright colors and LOVE that dotten paper!

Tammi said...

I'm with your hubby on those spiders! ;) Amazing colors and coloring, she's so cute!