Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sugar Bowl with Buttons

I've got tons of buttons that I don't use enough, so I was excited to see this fun Sugar Bowl challenge. The sketch was fantastic and the twist was to use some buttons. I also love this retired dsp by Stampin UP, it's called Jersey Shore, too bad it's not available anymore. The orange and blue combination really appeals to me.

I love these Gorjuss Girls stamps from Sugar Nellie, they are so sweet. I only bought one set so far, but am feeling the need to order more. I wanted to see if I could make them work. They are slightly goth, and I don't usually go for that look, but now that they are here I love them!

Off and running, hubby needs the computer for an online fantasy football draft this evening. I promised I'd be quick with my post. Have a wonderful evening. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Sugar Nellie Gorjuss Girl Flower Girl
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Only Orange, Night of Navy, Wild Wasabi, Jersey Shore dsp, PTI ssw
Embellihments: Primas, SU ribbon, PTI buttons, embroidery floss, Fiskars border punch, dimensionals, copics and copic spica glitter pens

13 comments:

Tammi said...

She looks great in these colors, I want some socks like hers! :) Pretty flowers and wonderful job on the sketch! ~Hugs

Vicki said...

Wonderful! She is beautiful! Great work, Kathy! And how nice of you to honor the fantasy football!! Blessings to you!

Lilian said...

Gorgeous work Kathy! Love the color combo, papers and embellishments you have used.
Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

CarlaKH said...

awww this is too cute! I need that image too!

Cheryl Walker said...

You did a BEAUTIFUL job on this!!! I love the image, and your coloring , and of course the colors are awesome!!!!

Beautiful job on your card!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

paige said...

Great use of buttons! I love the image and how you colored her!

Michelle said...

oh kathy...this card is wonderful... you truly created a beautiful card... TFS!
michelle

Mary G. said...

Kathy, I LOVE this card!!! The orange with the Night of Navy is stunning! Sweet image and beautifully colored. TFS! You did a fabulous job on this!

Anonymous said...

I do love your cards.
You are very talented girl!
hugs,
em

Shelly Schmidt said...

I think the buttons look great- I never use buttons either- they always look great on everyone else's cards!!! Your coloring is awesome! TFS

Kathy said...

Kathy your card is so pretty!! I love the colors that you have used and her tights are the cutest!! Love your interpretation of the sketch!! Thanks so much for playing along in the challenge :)Kathy

Heidi said...

Your card is very nice, love the sketch and how much fun would this be to receive!

Anonymous said...

*squeal* i love this!!!