Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sympathy card with Birdie

I've got a sweet little Phindy's card to share today. I was in need of a sympathy card and saw the talented Dorcas use this image for this gorgeous sympathy card before, so I was inspired. The image is called Birdie available in the Phindy's Place digi store.

I went to my weekly "go to" sketch for the layout. Tracy at Eat Sleep Stamp posts a fantastic sketch each Thursday (this one is Sketchy Thursday #134). Check out her awesome sketches, they are always fun to try.

Card Recipe:
Image: Phindy's Place Birdie, senti from PTI
Ink: Printer, Palette Noir
Paper: PTI ssw, Hibiscus Burst, MME Quite Contrary
Embellishments: copics, nesties, dimensional, cuttlebug embossing folder, dimensionals, MM brads

13 comments:

Danni said...

Beautiful card!

Dorcas said...

OMGoodness KAthy! I totally wasn't expecting a shout out. :-D Thanks so much. Your card is gorgeous in its own right, I love the soft colors.THis image works so well for sympathy cards cos its sweet without being overly cheeful.It came out beautifully. :-)
Cool we're on the same team yet again at W&S. Yay!

Juls said...

I always find sympathy cards the hardest to make, you have done a fabulous job with this one, I love the image and the colours! Hugs Juls

Angela said...

What a pretty card; beautiful coloring and the colors are so soft and soothing! This is a wonderful sketch...will have to check them out.

Tracy said...

Another WOW, jaw-dropping card Kathy. Is that okay to say about a sympathy card? I can't help it, these colors are so soothing and work so well. I'm convinced there isn't any sketch I could come up with that you can't master! You are amazing my friend. Thank you for playing along!!!
Hugs,
Tracy

Cindy said...

Kathy, this is a really sweet card!! Love the colors that you used..

Linda Palmer said...

I think this is a beautiful Sympathy card. Love the papers, so pretty!

Kate said...

Great Card. Love all the colors.

Kate

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a pretty card- and a sweet image. The colors are perfect for a Sympathy card- and that little bird...!

Unknown said...

Kathy it's beautiful. Pretty paper you used and the coloring looks great.
Hugs..

Joanne Gilch said...

Very tweet card here girlie girl. Sure to put a smile on that special someone that has had a loss.

marilynprestonn said...

Congrats on being Sketch Artist at Eat Sleep Stamp this week. I just love Tracy and her sketches. (She is some kind of sweet too.)

Well done with al lthe beautiful little details, brad flowers, the coloring and awesome ovals and background too. Kindly, Peggy

Carrie said...

ok I think I'm going to come and raid your paper stash. this is so cute