Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Some Sugar

Back with a quick second post today. It has been forever since I played along with the Sugar Bowl challenges. I always love their sketches and the images are so sweet. This sketch Sugar Bowl challenge 61 is a wonderful one! Fun and easy to work with.

I've had this stamp for well over a year, and he's seen no ink. I thought he would be perfect for a teacher thank you card. This one will go to one of the preschool teachers at Liam's school. School ends for him Friday, nothing like waiting till the last minute!

Thanks for dropping by today. Hope you are having a fabulous week.

Card Recipe:
Image: Sugar Nellie Boy Reading, senti from PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI ssw, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, SU Night of Navy, October Afternoon Prints
Embellishments: copics, nesties, Verve dies, PTI buttons and twine, sewing machine, crystal effects, dimensionals

9 comments:

Kate said...

That is so cute. Reminds me of my son since he loves to read.

Kate

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card! I love this little guy and your beautiful coloring. Great layout and papers too!!!

Theresa said...

Kathy this is fabulous!! Being a teacher I'd love to receive this card. That image is just adorable. Your design is just fantastic.

Imke said...

Kathy, this is such a sweet image. I like the DP you have used and the colors are great. Love it.

Juls said...

so so cute!! Loving the stitching detail, and the way you have layered up the sentiment! Hugs Juls

Cindy said...

He is just adorable!! I love how you laid out the card!! Awesome!!
I've been MIA for awhile and have missed a lot of great stuff!!

Sarah B said...

He looks so cute reading his book, great card, thanks for joining in at the sugar bowl, Hugs sarah B X

Angela said...

This is adorable! Love your choice of papers and that red stitching is fab!

Joanne Gilch said...

Great card..that image is the best!!!! Your buttons sure do finish this card nicely.