Saturday, June 4, 2011

One for the Guys

The DT challenge this week at Designed2Delight is to make a manly card without flowers. So I made a cute Father's Day card to give to my hubby. I went for a clean and simple look here, he doesn't really go for frou frou things.

I used the Midnight Madness sketch challenge #106. I went with the simple version of the sketch.

The image is called Fishing Valentine. I did add a touch of glitter to the hearts (lol, hope this doesn't make it girly). Hope you will join us and play along this week.

Card Recipe:
Image: Designed2Delight Fishing Valentine, sentiment from Verve
Ink: printer, Palette Noir
Paper: PTI ssw, Kraft, SU Always Artichoke
Embellishments: copics, stickles, MM brads, Verve dies

16 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Another darling card Kathy. The image is so cute and beautifully colored and always love your layouts.

Unknown said...

Kathy this is adorable. I love this image and the layout is perfect.
Hugs...

Renee Matarese said...

What a great CAS masculine card! I'm really a "more is more" kind of girl so I struggle to make cards like this. You're obviously a natural! Your image is just adorable the way the you colored it and I love the sentiment you paired with it. Great job with Priscilla's sketch. Hope to see you back again soon.
~Renee
Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge DT

Unknown said...

Adorable card Kathy! He will love it!

Imke said...

What a sweet image and a great layout. I like the Verve dies for this lovely sentiment. Beautiful card !!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Kathy, what a great image :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Guro said...

What a gorgeous card! A sweet image and tastfully put together.
Thank you so much for sharing your work at the Midnight Madness Sketch
Challenge.
Hugs Guro
MMSC DT

Valerie said...

This is such a cute card! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. I can't wait to see your next creation!
Valerie M
Priscillastyles Design Team

Lola said...

Love it! Even with the pink, it's still very "manly." ;)

Juls said...

too cute!!! Love the sparkly heart!! Hugs Juls

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this sweet card- perfect for any guy- young or older.....!

Unknown said...

This card is perfectly masuline! I LOVE your design! ;D

Denise @ kc242 said...

wow what a adorable take on the sketch challenge this week. Your sentiment is wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT

Angela said...

This is a great "man card"...I love how you were able to sneak in a bit of glitter!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Sweet , adorable card. I have that paper stack and now I know how to use it and use your layout as well...thank you for the inspiration.