Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sassy Studio Release Day

We've got a fun release for you today from Sassy Studio Designs. The theme of the release is movies. We are having a blog hop so you can see all the new images. If you arrived from Sara's blog you are in the right spot. 

My first sample used the new Romeo and Juliet image. I used this week's Midnight Madness sketch #107 for the layout of it, I actually went with the fancy version this week. I usually stick with the CAS version, but thought this image worked well with the pearl flourish. Image is colored with copics, some stickles for sparkle and paired with some of my hoarded BG Capella paper.


My second card uses on of the Twilight images called Twilight Frame. I used the Sweet Sketch Wednesday sketch #105 for the layout. Image is colored with copics, and paired with some DCWV Valentine paper.



You'll want to check out the SSD blog today for information on tonight's chat (at 8pm EST). It is also the second birthday of Sassy Studios, so there will be a scavenger hunt and prize.

Thanks for dropping by today! Now hop on over and see what the talented Julie has created.

20 comments:

Cleah said...

All sooo lovely and elegant! I love the colors and lay-out you made for these love cards. : )

Juls said...

such stunning cards!!! I adore the first one, its so soft and romantic!! Hugs Juls

Kim Kelley said...

The Romeo and Juliet card is simply gorgeous! The Bella and Edward card is fresh and happy! I love them both!

Linda Palmer said...

Both cards are beautiful. Love the twilight one the best tho. Great colors on it and love the little skeletons. Gotta get this one for the granddaughters that are hooked on Twilight.

Kate said...

Your cards look GREAT. I love those images. Perfect.

Kate

Theresa said...

Hi Kathy - wow the Romeo and Juliet card is jaw dropping georgeous. I just love it - the colors are amazing. Beautiful.

Your second card is wonderful too. I am not a fan of the movie, but your layout and the cross and skull bones DP is fabby.

Great job on both!!

faithnme said...

Beautiful cards.. the papers are just too gorgeous.. Love the new images

Hugs

Jeannie said...

Wow, what a beautiful Twilight card! Gorgeous coloring and perfect papers! Love them both! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

katieo said...

your coloring is perfect Great shading
katieoscreations@gmail.com

mulberry station said...

Both of your cards are just gorgeous! I really love the second one. YOur DP and colors are wonderful. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

sweetbloominscraps said...

Both cards are so lovely! But I do love your creativity on the second one for SSW! Your heart addition is so cute!
Judi SSW DT

Carol W. said...

Both cards are fabulous! Love them and the coloring is awesome! TFS

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh I just LOVE the ribbon on your Twilight card - so, so pretty!! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

Anonymous said...

You are just so talented. I do not know how you find the time my friend.
Love your work!
Em

Kathie said...

Hi Kathy, I do love both of your cards but your second card is great, I do love your colours great image and your beautiful pink ribbon it look awesome.Great job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Kathie SSW-DT

Unknown said...

Great job on both of your cards! Missed the blog hop and party because I was out of town, and partying myself. ;D

marsha said...

Kathy, what a marvelous, magical Romeo and Juliet card! I love your colors and what a perfect sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, hope to see another one of your gorgeous creations next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Hi Kathy, long time no see...I haven't been WRAKin' like I used to. Anyway, your cards are stunning!! Love your take on our Sweet Sketch Wednesday. So glad you could join us!

Linda (aka studbo on SCS)

Angela said...

Great cards, Kathleen! The first is so elegant with the pearls (love the flourish!) and that second one is just perfect for a teen...that paper rocks!

Arlana 11426 said...

Both card s are sweet. Love the fun papers on the second one. Have a sweet week. Arlana@SSW!!!