Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dare to be Sassy Thursday



It's Thursday again, that means time for a Dare to be Sassy Thursday challenge at Sassy Studio Designs. This week our challenge is a Kentucky Derby challenge (all about the hat). I was lucky enough to go to the Derby three years ago, and it is a memory that will last a lifetime. It is really a show of hats down there. You should have seen the size and glitz of these hats. Some people nearly needed a separate seat on the flight for their hats, lol! You don't need to make a Derby themed card, simply make sure your creation includes a hat of some sort.

You don't need to use a SSD image to enter, but you get two chances to win if you do use one. Check out the DT creations and play along!

My sketch comes from Sweet Sketch Wednesday #204. I'm always a fan of their gorgeous sketches.



Card Recipe:
Image: SSD, Graduation Sassy
Ink: printer
Paper: copic xpress, PTI Simply Chartreuse, SU Basic Gray, October Afternoon School House prints
Extras: copics, PTI ribbon, Sakura stardust pen, Bow Easy

17 comments:

Joanna M. said...

Oh Kathy! This is wonderful! I love your paper and that bow is amazing! I can never get mine to look that nice. Really beautiful

Michelle said...

Kathy this is beautiful - love all those papers that you used.

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Kathy, another beautiful creation! I love that paper...it's so cute. Wonderful coloring too.

Linda Palmer said...

This is a beautiful card Kathy. I love the colors in your papers. Your coloring is perfect, and so is this graduation card. Love this!

Jovan said...

Wonderful card!

Unknown said...

Love this card Kathy! From the image to the DP, and the sketch! Awesome job! :D

Juls said...

Fab!! Love the DP's you have used. Hugs Juls xxx

Kristi said...

Gorgeous, Kathy! That is one sassy grad! Have a lovely weekend!

Angela said...

I love this...amazing color combo! I need this for my student who is graduating today and will be with me for the last day this coming Sunday.... I had better get busy!

mulberry station said...

I have always thought it would be fun to go to the Kentucky Derby to see the hats. What a fun thing to do. I love your card this week and so fun for graduation. Great combination of colors and papers. Love it!! Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

melody said...

beautiful card and take on the sketch! lovin that bow!

Kathie said...

Hi Kathy I just love your story about the Kentucky Derby. It must be like the Melbourne Cup in Australia and the Auckland Cup here in New Zealand where there is a contest for fashion and hats which is lovely but the Kentucky Derby would be so much larger. I'll put that on my bucket list for one day. I do love your card what an awesome graduation card for a young lady finishing uni. Love your colours and papers and the beautiful satin ribbon is the perfect finishing touch to a lovely card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

What a perfect graduation card! Love the colors and the beautiful bow! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Linda Anderson said...

Gorgeous card Kathy! Love your papers. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Sally Dube said...

Love your card - gorgeous layers - awesome paper choices!! Really great image!! So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
Blessings to you Kathy!!
Sally SSW-DT

Sharon Basel said...

This is beautifully done Kathy. Great grad image and colored perfectly. Love those papers and colors together. Your cards are always so beautifully made - I'm a big fan! Thanks for sharing your creativity at SSW!
Sharon :)

Regan said...

Fabulous, Kathy! Love the papers and your take on the sketch! That's so cool that you got to attend an actual Kentucky Derby! I've been to Churchill Downs but not at race time. That must have been something to see! :-)
{hugs}
Regan