Friday, August 3, 2012

A Farewell to Phindy's Challenges


It is with great sadness that I write this post. Phindy has decided to close down the challenge blog to focus on family. I wish her all of the best and want to take a minute to thank her and the DT for the wonderful experience I've had for the past year and a half.

Phindy, it has been a pleasure and privilege to work with your beautiful images. You are a talented artist, as well as a supportive and kind person. I feel so lucky to have had this experience with your DT, it has been stellar. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I have posted 74 challenges cards during my time in the DT and have felt so lucky to have these fabulous images that Phindy draws to use each week. I will miss posting these challenge cards every week, but plan to continue using these wonderful images. I will also dearly miss the DT girls, they have been friendly, helpful and so professional, made it a breeze for us to all work together. Special thanks to Anne and Cec for keeping things running smoothly.

Since I hate goodbyes, I'll just say see you soon (out there in blog land)!

Hugs~Kathy

My card was based on the Papertake Weekly Sketch



Card Recipe:
Image: Flower Top Fairy Daisy from Phindy's Place
Ink: Printer, palette noir
Paper: Copic xpress, PTI Harvest Gold, SU Pink Pirouette, Authentique prints
Extras: copics, stickles, nesties, Kaiser pearls, sewing machine, dimensionals, SU ribbon

9 comments:

KimCreate said...

Your card is beautiful! I'm SO sorry to hear that Phindy will discontinue the challenge blog.
Kim

Sandy said...

Wow Kathy -- you have done a wonderful job for Phindy. Your card is lovely. I have heard that a lady always knows when it is time to leave. But I know I will be seeing lots and lots more or you oh talented friend!!
Sandy

NanaConnie said...

Incredible card, Kathy! Love your soft color combo and that bow is incredible! Great paper choices. I'm sorry to see Phindy's challenge closing -- it was one I really enjoyed playing, but it sounds as though maybe the store is staying open? If not, I have to get over there right away and purchase a whole bunch of them!~

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the pastels!

Jovan said...

Beautiful card!

Kathi said...

Your card is lovely.

I'll have to come back later when I'm not as tired to spend some time roaming through your blog.

It was great to meet you today! I had a wonderful time with you at the class!

Regan said...

Delightfully whimsical! Love the pastels! Sorry to hear that the Phindy challenge blog is closing down, but what a sweet post you've written in tribute! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Ann English said...

Such a beautiful card and a wonderful post. It's been a pleasure serving on the team with you. Ni enjoy your gorgeous creations!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

I love this card!! I think this is my favorite of the ones I have looked at so far. Great job!! Love your style!! Your kids are so adorable!! Have a wonderful day!! Hugs, Gloria

Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com