Friday, October 15, 2010

Another "Delightful" Friday post

One more card for today.  Last night Designed2Delight released two new sets Hope and Dream and Beautiful Life, this poppy and sentiment are from Beautiful Life. Also check out this weeks image for the progressive challenge at Delightful Inspiration, Beautiful Blessing, it is in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.  If you didn't play along last week, you can buy the image and jump right in this week.

I love poppies and this one was so pretty and easy to color.  I couldn't wait to make something with it.  I stayed up til midnight to get this done, but am glad I did! Although that wasn't my story when Finn was up at 4 am, LOL.  Man, I was wishing I went to bed at 8 then!

I use the Card Patterns sketch #85 for this layout.  I love the circles running across the middle.  Fun sketch, I think I'll definitely reuse this one.

Another one going to the HYCCT challenge on SCS, this one was for flowers.  Hoping to get them all done, I think I've only done about 7 so far, so it might be wishful thinking, but I'll give it a go!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Card Recipe: 
Stamps:  Designed2Delight Beautiful Life Set
Ink:  Printer
Paper:  PTI ssw, Smokey Shadow, Ocean Tides, MME polkadot
Embellishments:   copics, nesties, stickles, mini brads, corner rounder, PTI ribbon, border punch, cuttlebug leaf embossing folder


13 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful card! Great color combo.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh yes very DELIGHTFUL!!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous shading on the poppy, Kathy, and the image is even more stunning combined with those beautiful blues!

Linda Palmer said...

Another beautiful card Kathy. I love poppies too and this one is beautifully colored. Great card.

Kristine said...

Kathy, this is SUCH a fabulous card! I love your colors, that flower is gorgeous and your sketch is very nice! =D Great job!

CarlaKH said...

How pretty! Love the colors you used and the poppy is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

This is very special-love the flower 'popping' out of the circle. Thanks for joining in with Card Patterns,

Anthea.

Sherrie Conner said...

Totally gorgeous Kathy!! Love this card!! :)

Renee said...

Very pretty....you did a great job on this card!

Juls said...

this is so so gorgeous!! love the dimension on this!! hugs Juls

Imke said...

Wow, Kathy these flower looks so elegant in red. Your color choice is great.

Angela said...

So pretty! I love how the poppy extends past the center circle....

Carrie said...

Beautifully done! I love how you have the flower hanging over the edge of the circle. Great job.