Friday, May 28, 2010

Brienne

This is one of my newest Rubber Romance stamps, Brienne the bridesmaid. I think she could be used for many other occasions though. I made a sweet little card that would be perfect as a thinking of you for a friend.

I had some of the scraps of the DCWV citrus stack on my desk, so I decided to draw the colors from them. I'm loving orange and turquoise lately, so summery. I based the layout on SC281, from last week on Splitcoaststampers.

Thanks for dropping by today. Hope all of you in the US have a fun Memorial Day weekend. If you are around on SCS this weekend, the Wish Rak forum is holding some Memorial Day Cards for the Troops challenges. Check them out, a good way to say thanks to those serving in the war.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Brienne from Rubber Romance, PTI sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI ssw, Spring Moss, SU Only Orange, DCWV citrus stack
Embellishments: corner rounder, border punch, copics, stickles, mini brads, nesties label die

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Such a cute card, recognized that yummy citrus paper right away...love that stack!

Emily Painter-Davis said...

it's so beautiful!
Great job girl.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend.
Sick boy here (but what's new...)
Hugs,
em

Tracey said...

Fab card Kathy, love the blue & the orange together :)

Have a great (long) weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Heidi said...

Very nice card, have a wonderful weekend.

Paige said...

fun colors and cute image!

Angela said...

Very nice; I like that color combo too! Isn't that a great sketch? It's so adaptable that I have made 3 different cards from it.

Cheryl said...

Cute card! I love the papers you used! Great image too.

Anne said...

Lovely summery colours and isn't she a great stamp? I can see her saying "Thanks a bunch!"

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun cheery card- I love the DSP-very pretty and love the image! TFS