Sunday, April 14, 2013

Corrosive Challenge


We've got a fun challenge for you this week at the Corrosive Challenge blog! It's called Life's Special Moments! I created a card for Father's Day.

Our fabulous sponsor this go around is A Day For Daisies! So exciting, they are one of my favorite companies, I love all of Tammy's images. They generously allowed the DT to select an image and I picked this one called Papa and Me. I always am drawn to images from the back, and this one was a must have. What's more of a special moment, than a grandfather spending time with a grandchild?

Hope you will join the challenge this week over at the Corrosive Challenge Blog. Stop by the challenge blog and check out all the inspiration from the talented DT!


Some challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday #201SIO - Sketch

A Day for Daisies - Your Favourite Technique (copic coloring is by far my fave technique)

Card Recipe:
Image: ADFD Papa and Me

Ink: Printer
Paper: copic xpress, PTI Dk. Choc, Simply Chartreuse, SU Soft Sky, Fancy Pants prints
Extras: copics, SU ribbon, Card Candi, dimensionals

15 comments:

Karli said...

I am with you, images from the back just pull at my heart strings ❤ and so does your sweet card. Beautiful work as always. Hugs~

Regan said...

This is such a precious card! I love this image too and bought it recently! I have a picture of Kayne and my dad that looks just like this! Awesome take on the sketch and love the papers you selected!
{hugs}
Regan

Linda Palmer said...

I love this image and love the papers you used with it. Perfect card for Fathers Day! Beautiful job Kathy.

mulberry station said...

This is absolutely on of my very favorite images. I used it a few weeks back. It brings so many fond memories of my grand kids with with their grandpa. You have colored it beautifully. Thanks for sharing your card with us.
Hugs, Nancy SSW

Linda Anderson said...

How fabulous Kathy! Love your image and papers, so perfect together. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Kristie W. said...

Awww what a darling image! Great card!

Heide said...

Just the sweetest image! Love the plaid and dots. Fantastic coloring. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Unknown said...

Lovely card - lovely to see a masculine card and it's perfect for Father's day - such a cute image and papers x x

Joanna M. said...

Oh Kath ... this image is amazing and your card is perfect. Love it.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the image, and how you used the sketch!

Note: I'm loving all your other projects! Not enough time to catch up on all of them. They are all gorgeous! :D

Kathie said...

Oh Kathy I just love your card and this image is wonderful from ADFD and would would have to agree with you Tammy's image are some of my very favourite as well. This is an awesome Father's Day card, your colours design papers and embellishments are the perfect finishing touch to a lovely card. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Sally Dube said...

I LOVE BACK SHOTS!!! I take so many with my camera and am often choosing the "back" images!! Your card is wonderful!! So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
Blessings to you Kathy!!
Sally SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

Really beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

Stunning card Kathy. This image is one of my favorite MM digis - it just speaks volumes without needing a sentiment. Beautifully colored and paired with the perfect papers. Thanks for playing along with us at SSW!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Angela said...

Great masculine card with amazing coloring!