Friday, September 2, 2011

Whimsy and Stars

How can it be September first already? I don't know where the summer went.

But, I do have a special little card here today. This cute little guy is from Mabelle RO's Whimsy and Stars Fall collection, which will be released on September 6th. So it's just a little sneak today.

You can head over to the Whimsy and Stars blog and see some more sneaks, fun stuff coming soon! Fall is my favorite time of year and these images will make great Halloween, Thanksgiving or just general Autumn themed cards!

I have to laugh, I made this while waiting for Irene to hit. My dh thought I was nuts, but really how much of the weather channel can you watch. We were well prepared for the worst case scenario  but luckily were spared. We have friends just minutes from us who are still without power and dealing with flooding, so we got lucky this time around. My dh is still shaking his head and saying guess what Kathy did while waiting for the hurricane??!!

Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge - #28 Sketch
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
Die Cuttin' Divas - must include a Die-cut - #30 Fall Colours
Send a Smile for Kids -  Use a Punch or a Diecut or a mixture of both
Sew Many Cards -use an edge punch
Poodles Parlour  - anything goes
Just Add Ink - something from stash (hoarded autumn papers)
Cuddly Buddly -  say something nice
Digi's With Attitude! -  anything goes ends Sept. 1

Card Recipe:
Image: Whimsy and Stars, sentiment PTI
Ink: Printer, Palette Noir
Paper: PTI ssw, SU Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke, DCWV patterns
Extras: copics, nesties, SU brads, SU border punch, PTI leaf dies, cuttlebug embossing folder, PTI button and twine

23 comments:

Imke said...

Kathy, this is adorable ! Sweet little bear and great coloring. I like the fall colors and your layout is great. Love everything.

Cheryl said...

Kathy, your card is adorable! Your coloring is always so fantastic.

I am happy to finally be on a DT with you. I am looking forward to working with you on the Whimsy & Stars DT.


--Cheryl--
** Stop by my blog to check out my Halloween blog candy!**

Shelby said...

Great fall colors and the layout is perfect! Love the textured leaves you used as well...they look fantastic. Thanks for joining us at SAS4Kids, good luck and hope to see you again soon.

Shelby

Karen Hasheck said...

Awesome card! Love the cute image and the coloring is great! Thanks for sharing it with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids and come back soon! (and I totally agree with what you were doing waiting out the storm- what better way to distract yourself?!)

Jeni said...

Kathy, this is such an adorable card. Love the leaves, great accent. Fabulous coloring on that cute bear. ~jeni :)

Linda Palmer said...

This is adorable. Love the sweet image, your beautiful coloring and a perfect layout. Gorgeous leaves.

Danni said...

So very cute! I really like your added leaves!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love your fun layout with your adorable image, really great colors! Thanks for joining us this week @ Send A Smile 4 Kids, hope to see you again :)

Misty Olsen said...

What Fresh Card!!! I love it :o) I am so happy you joined us this week at DCD!!

Mistyrose
Die Cuttin Diva

Georgiana said...

What a pretty card. Thank you for sharing at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations
Die Cuttin' Diva Design Team member

Theresa said...

I'm so glad you are safe!! Your card is fabulous. Love those leaves.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I tink it is a great use of your time-LOL Great card- love the sketch and the leaf embellishments!

Mandy said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the design and the image also. Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
Mandy x

Kristine said...

Hiya Kathy! We "meet" again!! *Ü* Your card is super cute--love those textured leaves! I'm so excited to be on this DT... Mabelle sounds so nice and happy to get to know everyone. Will be a fun ride. *Ü*

Kristine said...

Hey... my daughter is sitting right next to me and she saw your picture and said, "Hey, she has kids!" *Ü* Do they like to craft?? My girls are co-hosting a new Kids Challenge blog at http://lalalandcrafts4kids.blogspot.com and they're having contests twice a month. Our first one everyone won a free stamp! If they like to craft, maybe your kids would like to check it out? *Ü*

Angela said...

Now that's a true crafter...crafting in the face of danger! LOL This is cute; love those textured leaves!

Angela K said...

Wonderful card! Love your story too!

Tracey said...

Wonderful card Kathy, I love those textured leaves :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Cre8tiveVet said...

I just love the story behind your card! Glad you are safe. thanks for joining us at DCD this week. Your card is fabulous! -Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

This sure does look like Autumn Kathy - Neat layout!
Sandy

Creative Diva said...

Too cute and I love the image. Thanks for joining as at DCD.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

Great card ... Welcome to the Fall DT!

paper fun said...

Sweet card. I love the acorn on the head.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari