Monday, February 8, 2010

Sweet Little Treat


Here is a quick and easy little something to make for the kids for Valentine's Day. I have a tutorial posted on the Rubber Romance blog to show you how to transform a little old box of candy into a sweet little treat. This little guy is the owl from the Cutie Pie line of Rubber Romance, available in the Etsy shop.

Quick post today, my computer is on it's last legs. Keeps turning off unexpectedly. We will have a new one by the weekend, but in the mean time, I think I'm on borrowed time! LOL!
Recipe:
Ink: Memento
Paper: DCWV valentine stack, PTI ssw
Embellishments: Copics, nesties, stickles, crystal effects, SU ribbon

16 comments:

Juls said...

love the owl!! he is so cute!! and the colour combo is just fab!!! Hugs Juls

Rhonda said...

aaaaaw...how cute. Gonna check out your tutorial.
Rhonda

Angela said...

This is adorable and perfectly suited for the boys!

Karli said...

Hey Kathy... a little bird told me today is your birthday. Is that right? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Big Hugs to ya!

Unknown said...

He's a cute little Hoot!!!

Joanne Gilch said...

So sorry to hear about the legs of your computer. It just sucks when you know ya gotta go get a new one. I am so illiterate in those areas, I have to pay someone to come in and hook it up and or have it ready to go when I bring it home. Anyhoo! The altered candy box is cute.

Cheryl said...

Kathy, this little guy is adorable! I love how you wrapped the box so the treats can slide out. Very cute!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is such an adorable project! Love your tutorial!

Annie said...

Oh my gosh, Kathy!!!! How AWESOME! And what a super cute little owl :)

Carrie said...

What a sweet valentine. I like the black and blue colors too.

Mary G. said...

Kathy, this is adorable!!! LOVE that owl image!

Cindy said...

Kathy, Sorry about your computer!! Love the card!
The owl is adorable!!! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Mary Marsh said...

what a cute treat box-I am going to check out the tutorial-I think this liitle owl is telling bloggers its your birthday-so I ma sending happy wishes to you!!

Renee said...

What a cute idea! The owl is very cute :)

CarlaKH said...

awww how cute!

Anne said...

This is adorable, love it!