Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday everyone. I just finished cleaning bathrooms, my least favorite job!!! I figured I better mention that the job got done in case my husband is reading my blog, LOL!

On to more fun things. I made this card for the Magnolia July card challenge. It was a sketch by Jacque, she is a fabulously talented Magnolia lover, her cards will blow you away! This one went right into the mail to a stamping friend who is celebrating a birthday tomorrow. Hope she likes it! I paper pieced her little dress, she looks a little 70's to me. Reminds me of some dresses I had as a child. I know my mom sometimes made me clothes when I was little and this reminds me of that, too.

Thanks for stopping by today and looking! Hope you have a great day!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Magnolia, and SU sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Palette Umber
Paper: PTI ssw, New Leaf, SU Rose Red, Basic Grey Sultry patterned paper
Embellishments: Nestabilities, American Craft brads SU mini brads, SU grosgrain ribbon, stickles, Crystal Effects, Bazill flowers, Prima flowers and leaves, Signo white gel pen, copics

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Kathy, you are always such an inspiration! Beautiful work! Blessings to you!

Lyn B. said...

Lovely card, I love your coloring. TFS

Anonymous said...

Cute! Love the primas!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Super adorable! Love the colors and all the details you put into this card!

Tami said...

You did a great job on this card. I love the colors and the coloring. I need to get some magnolias so that I can start joining these challenges.