Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A bit of Whimsy and Stars


 This week is just flying by! I've got this little cutie, Searching, from Mabelle RO at Whimsy and Stars to show you today. I love the cute images she draws and the fab and funky clothes (I'd love to find a little dress like this for Lilah).  Stay tuned Mabelle has a big new release coming soon, and I was lucky enough to get a peek at what she has in the works, and it is great stuff!

I used The Corrosive Challenge Blog challenge 111 sketch for this. The sentiment I lifted from Steven Tyler on American Idol. He told a contestant, "You don't look a day over fabulous" and immediately I thought of this image.


After I photographed the card originally I realized I forgot the crystal effects, so back to the desk I went. So I took a little close up to show the "glass" in her looking glass.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you are having a wonderful week.

Card Recipe: 
Ink: Printer
Paper: PTI ssw, New Leaf, Melon Berry, MM dsp
Embellishments: copics, nesties, stickles, crystal effects, PTI ribbon and button, cuttlebug embossing folder

10 comments:

Danni said...

Very pretty card and fun sentiment!

Linda Palmer said...

Very pretty coloring and darling card. Love your colors. You always pick great colors and put them together.

Sandy said...

Hey!! I wish I did not look a day over fabulous - at your age, that's easy to say. Love the way you have done the magnifying glass - very authentic!!
Sandy

Janet said...

such a sweet card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge:)
hugs

Imke said...

Kathy, the colors are awesome and this sweet little girl also. Great take with the sketch and THANKS for playing this week at The Corrosive Challenge !!

Renee said...

Ok I'm in love with this card!! I love the colors and image and the way you used crystal effects on the magnifying glass……super cute!

Angela said...

Yep, Lilah needs a dress like this! (When I am out shopping and, see cute little gal things, I think of you two....)

I really love that sparkly magnifying glass...it really does look like glass! Kathleen, you really know how to put it all together...fabulous!

Joanne Gilch said...

Fabulous card...and that bow is awesome. such a sweet image and once again the coloring is divine. hugs, jo

Regan said...

Hi, Kathy!!! This card is fabulous! I love the cute little girl! And your sentiment is awesome! That's cool that you swiped it from Steven Tyler! Lol Your creations are always lovely - you have a great style! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

This is so sweet, I love everything about it! Thanks for playing along with us at Corrosive this week, and good luck :D