Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dreaming of a White Christmas

Two weeks in a row I completed Sparkle's Christmas card challenge! This is her week #7 challenge, it was a sketch challenge. Feeling pretty good that I have 2 cards done for next year, lets see if I can keep up with it!


These stamps are from Magnolia. Sad thing is I never even used the fireplace stamp, and I've had it for over a year. At least now it's been put to good use, I think it's really cute, too. I think the red bows could use a touch of stickles, I may have to go back and add a bit more sparkle. Have to use it again soon!


Hope to be back tomorrow with some more timely cards, lol. Probably Valentines. Thanks for stopping by today, have a good one.


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Tilda and fireplace from Magnolia, sentiment from Elzybells by Amuse
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Handsome Hunter
Paper: PTI ssw, SU Riding Hood Red and Handsome Hunter, Daisy's D's striped paper
Embellishments: copics, stickles, MS border punch, nesties, SU ribbon dimensionals

14 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh she is so adorable! love that fireplace stamp!!! a must have (:
TFS

Rhonda said...

Love this card! Makes me want to lay in front of a fireplace with a good book! Well done!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this Tilda and the fireplace stamp- great Christmas card. The scene is so cozy!!!

Bananastamper said...

Great Magnolia card Kathy! Isn't it nice to get started early!? I do Sparkle's challenge too and last year I managed to have over 50 cards done by sometime in October - I still needed more, but was way ahead of the game compared with other years! I also found that I was able to spend more time on each one and add more detail, which was fun!
Hope you can keep it up! :)
Cheers,
Shanna

Carrie said...

What a cute christmas card. Love how you have her placed in front of the fireplace. And I am going to have to look for that ms border punch, I've seen it used so often on wonderful creations I think its calling my name.

Angela said...

She looks so pensive.... This turned out really cute!

Unknown said...

This card makes me want to celebrate Christmas again! It's so cute! You did a fantastic job and should be very proud of yourself.

Cheryl said...

So cute - I don't have any Tilda stamps but I am thinking of getting this one.

loretta said...

Beautiful card, I love the little details and how much they really make the card come to life!

Glitterbee hugs!

Vicki said...

Awww, Kathy, she is so cute! Beautiful card and great coloring! Blessings to you!

Annie said...

how cute!!!! Amazing coloring!
What a great idea to start on your Christmas cards ahead of time - I think I'll work on mine too :)

Jessica G. said...

Awesome job on Sparkle's sketch, Kathy! And I am ashamed to say that I, too, have that fireplace and it is also yet to be used. You've inspired me with this great scene; now I'll at least dust it off!

Beautiful ribbon/punch combo; into the CASE file it goes!

Kim Marie said...

Tremendous card! So so beautiful and warm!
Kim Marie

Anne said...

This is lovely and the fireplace works so well, what a great Christmas card