Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Feels Like Spring


I had some new stamps in my mailbox today from the new Verve release last Friday. I love this new Feel the Sun set. The flowers are just so pretty. It was 60 degrees here today, so I wanted to do something springy! The sketch and inspiration are from the VLVMAR2010 week one challenge on the Verve forum at SCS. The inspiration this month is kitchens. I was inspired by a shabby chic cottage kitchen.


Here is a close up of the flowers. I just bought a new toy, Smooch Spritz from AC Moore. It is so sparkly in real life the effect is unreal. I still don't think the up close photo captures it well, but it is truly amazing, I'm totally loving it.

Thanks for dropping by today. Looking forward to American Idol tonight, I thought the ladies stepped it up last night.

Card Recipe:
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper: Kraft, SU dsp, Pink Piroutte, PTI Vintage Cream
Embellishments: Copics, dimensionals, Smooch Spritz, nesties, cuttlebug embossing folder, SU ribbon and corner rounder

11 comments:

CarlaKH said...

How pretty! Would you believe I don't own ONE Verve stamp? I think its time I shop :)

Cheryl said...

I left an award for you on my blog. Please come over and check it out. Thank you!

Cheryl said...

These are gorgeous. What a wonderful layout.

Rhonda said...

This is just fantastic! Great job!

Renee said...

Gosh, can you say simply darling??? ! I love this!

Unknown said...

You're right those flowers are really pretty. Gonna try that Smooch Spritz soon!!

Carrie said...

You did a gorgeous job with this new Verve set and see I resisted buying any of the new sets but did get a couple older ones...now you're making me second guess myself :)

Imke said...

So beautiful. I love the earth colors and the pearls in the middle of the flowers.

Joanne Gilch said...

FYI, when I click on your close up, I can see the shimmer. Nice. the layout is unusual and awesome. thanks

Angela said...

You are right! These flowers are really pretty and you really rocked this card...BEAUTIFUL!!! You are very talented Kathleen!

Anne said...

Elegant and very chic, not so sure about shabby:))

Love it