Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cutie Pie Bird

Happy Sunday! This is my take on the SCS sketch challenge this week, SC248. I thought it was a fun little sketch. I love this new line from Rubber Romance, called Cutie Pie! You can check out this Cutie Pie Bird and the others here. The little chicks are perfect for girlfriend cards! I thought I might put a sentiment like "Hey Chick" inside. Actually I have an aunt who always calls people chick, maybe this will go to her. The chicks have some dimension from the popped up wings and brad eyes.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Rubber Romance Cutie Pie Bird
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, PTI ssw, SU retired patterned paper
Embellishments: nesties, sakura glitter pen, copics, American Crafts mini black brads, EK success border punch, SU retired organdy ribbon, foam dots. Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder

2 comments:

Karli said...

so sweet! Love the paper piecing & the way you added the brad for the eye. I just got that border punch & I'm loving it! Great card :) Hugs!

Tammi said...

Love it with the 2 birds, the black just makes this pop, pretty card Kathy, your aunt would love it!