Friday, July 10, 2009

Sweet Boy Bunny


I made this card for a friend of Chuck's who had a baby boy last week. It's funny because I've been on a kick making baby girl cards, then the first baby card I need is for a boy! For this layout I followed the MoJo Monday sketch #94. If you have never checked out the MoJo sketches, they are fabulous. Click on the blinkie on my sidebar to see the blog and all the sketches.

I don't think the photo does it justice, but the little paws and belly are flocked. So they look so soft and sweet in person. Hope the recipients like it.

Here's a funny family related story for you.... Yesterday Cal's camp went to the Staten Island zoo. When I arrived to pick him up, the counselor wanted to talk to me. I got so nervous, wondering "what did he do?'. Well she tells me that when they were passing out goat pellets to feed the goats, he ate one. She was concerned that it would give him an upset stomach. I couldn't help but laugh. When we got home I asked him why he ate a goat treat. He said the lady passing them out said "Take some and pass them along to your friends", he figured it meant they were giving them some snacks. When she really was trying to make sure all the kids got some treats for the goats. He did say they didn't taste too bad, just a little salty! That gave me a laugh last night!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Verve Practically Perfect
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI ssw, Spring Rain, Dark Chocolate, SU Kraft, PTI Bitty Dots patterned paper
Embellishments: Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Divine Swirls embossing folder, dimensionals, copics, sakura stardust glitter pen, SU kraft ribbon, Doodlebug bonbon flock

No comments: