Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dare to be Sassy Thursday



It's Thursday again, that means time for a Dare to be Sassy Thursday challenge at Sassy Studio Designs. Our challenge this week is to make a card or project without any patterned paper. You don't need to use a SSD image to enter, but you get two chances if you do. Hope you will check out the DT creations and play along!

Friends of ours are celebrating the Hindu holiday Diwali right now and I wanted to make them a card. I knew I would use my SSD India Honey image for it. I was looking for a sentiment and planning to computer generate one, when I though about Create with TLC. When I didn't see one in the store, I emailed Paulette to see if she had anything. She didn't, but offered to create a set! How cool and kind of her is that???!!! I was floored, the set is so much better than I could have dreamed of, check it out here. What a nice and special thing for her to do. I know I will come back to this set again and again. 


My sketch comes from Cupcake Craft Challenge #218.




Card Recipe:
Image: Sassy Studio Designs India Honey
Sentiment: Create with TLC Happy Diwali digi word art set
Ink: printer
Paper: Copic xpress, PTI Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, Raspberry Fizz
Extras: copics, nesties, MFT border die, Cherry Lynn doily die, dimensionals, PTI ribbon, gold brads, stickles, cuttlebug embossing folders

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Fabulous card the image is coloured beautifully and i love the layout. Caroline xxx

Kate said...

I swear Kathy you need to share your secret with me on how to make gorgeous Color Combos, because this card looks Amazing like Always. Love it my friend.

Jovan said...

I LOVE this card...the colors are so BEAUTIFUL!

Cordine said...

Gorgeous card Kathy! Love the bright colors!
Hugs
Cordine

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Wow, Kathy, this is stunning! I love the bright colors you used. Amazing coloring and love that added sparkle.

Sherry said...

loving the color combo

Regan said...

I have one word for this- magnificent!
{hugs}
Regan