Monday, November 30, 2009

Verve Release Color Challenge


The new Verve release was on Black Friday. I tried to get to all the challenges, found on the Verve Blog, but only did four out of five. This was the first challenge, a color one. To use black, white, turquoise, and green. Seemed like an unlikely color combo to me, but I loved it when it came together. Fun and different for a holiday card!
A nasty stomach bug hit our house in the middle of the night last night. Yucko! It's the two older guys. We're trying to keep the little ones away from them, especially the baby. Hope we can contain it. My oldest is starting to feel better, though, cause he asked for a salami sandwich for lunch. No, he didn't get one, not on a queasy stomach! No good would have come of that I'm sure.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hope to update more regularly this week, I've got some cards made and ready to go!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Verve Holly Jolly and Ornamental Christmas
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Basic Black, PTI ssw
Embellishments: SU top note die, nesties, cuttlebug embossing folder, sewing machine, mini brads, copics, crystal effects, dimensionals, sakura glitter pen

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh I do love this set, but didn't order it..... but I still have time, right! I love this sketch, beautifully done!

paige said...

I love the whimsical feel to this card with the bulbs stamped at different angles!

Jessica G. said...

The CB texture on the label is such a great touch; how come I never thought to do that? Good thing I have talented friends to inspire me!

Such an elegant card!!